Monday 5 December 2016

My Skin Care Story

Having shared a few posts about Tropic Skincare (and my infinite love for the brand) I thought it was only right to let you in on my skin story, what my routine has been in the past and what I use now. 

I grew up in a stage school community, where thick and heavy makeup was necessary. This meant that skincare was, and has, always been an important element of my daily routine. I also have quite sensitive and dry skin so making sure my skin is nourished and hydrated is key.

Up until a year ago, I used a 3-step face routine from a local drug store. I had been using the particular brand for years though I didn't feel it was doing any justice to my skin. I would often feel like I needed to keep applying moisturiser to my face throughout the day and my face often felt tight and itchy. It was around this time that I started to use coconut oil on my body, and after reading about its multiple uses I decided to give it a go as a face moisturiser. I immediately saw a difference in my skins hydration and felt as though there was moisture within my skin instead of it being dry and flaky.

I then started to use rose water as a natural toner. I did make my own, to begin with, but then simply bought one from my local store. Again, within just a few days I saw results. My skin was so much clearer. I was then faced with the task of finding a cleanser or some sort of face wash to remove dirt, which is what led me to start using Dr Bronners' unscented Castille soap.

This was my 3-step routine, Castille soap as my face wash, Rosewater as a toner and then coconut oil as my moisturiser. This routine worked really well for me but I am not sure I would recommend it to anyone. I have since read that Castille soap is an alkali and so once it has been used your meant to neutralize this step with something acidic. I'm not sure how true this is but on these premises, I wouldn't openly recommend it. I should mention that I also exfoliated -using coconut oil and Himalayan fine pink sea salt. 

This was my routine before I discovered Tropic. It wasn't perfect, by no means, but it worked for me. It was also around this time I started to learn about the nasty ingredients found in drugstore products, such as Sulfates and Parabens, and how they can affect the human body. With this in mind, I became a little obsessed with making my own, pure products which I would know exactly what was inside them. I made a list of all the products I needed to replace and then that's when I stumbled upon Tropic. 

After being introduced by the brand through a friend of a friend, I have quickly become immersed in the world of Tropic and am totally obsessed with their products. I've also found some amazing green beauty brands which I can't wait to get my hands on some of their products to try. 

This past year I have really focused on skincare and now, feeling so content with the natural products I use, I think it's time to conquer makeup -stay tuned! 


If you know of any natural or mineral makeup brands, please comment below! 
Cheerio for now! 

If you haven't already read my post about the brand, then you can do so here
If you would like to read about any of Tropic's products I have featured on here, you can do so here
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love Tropic's products, I'm so glad you found something that works for you! I would definitely recommend Lily Lolo for mineral make-up - they're a cruelty-free brand with lots of vegan products and their mineral make-up is so gentle on the skin. I'm looking forward to seeing how your experiments with make-up go! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a few of their products on my list to try out and a few other brands too. I noticed on the site LoveLula, they have a lot of mineral make up at affordable prices so I think I'll have to do a little haul after Christmas.
      Hope you have a wonderful Christmas sweetie! xx

      Delete
  2. Another valuable tip for sensitive skin care is to steer clear of excessive exposure to sun. Apply sunscreen lotion before getting out in the sun. Is clinique dramatically different moisturizer non comedogenic

    ReplyDelete

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig